Style Point Layers
To style point layers, go to the Layer Actions menu and click on the “Depiction Style" option. The layers window is expanded to a right window pane with the Style tab displayed. The “Save” and “Reset” buttons at the bottom of the window are disabled. The header of the page displays Depiction Style and the current Layer being modified in the top left corner. The following options can be modified:
- Point Type – The point type can be “Circle”, “Square” or “Diamond”.
- Size – Editable field to either increase or decrease the point’s size.
- Fill Color – Click the colored square to change the colored point. Use the slider within the modal to select the desired color, click on the colored circle in the bottom right corner to finish the color selection.
- Fill Transparency – This slider changes the density of the point on the map. The slider can be adjusted anywhere from a 0% to 100%. This option is best used when point layers overlap each other.
- If the slider is closer to 0%, the color is lighter and more transparent.
- If the slider is closer to 100%, the color is darker and less transparent.
- Border Line Style – This field can be either “Solid” or “None”.
- If “None” is selected, no other fields are displayed.
- If “Solid”, “Dashed” or “Dotted” is selected, the following fields are displayed:
- Border Thickness – Editable field to either increase or decrease the border size.
- Border Color – Works exactly like the Fill Color field, but used to change the border’s color.
- Border Transparency – Works exactly like the Fill Transparency, but used to change the border from lighter to darker.
After changing one or more of the fields above, the “Save” and “Reset” buttons are enabled.
- If the user is satisfied with the changes, click the “Save” button and the changes are saved. The “Save” and “Reset” buttons are now disabled.
- If the user is not satisfied with the changes, click the “Reset” button and the changes are canceled. The “Save” and “Reset” buttons are now disabled.
When all changes have been completed the right window pane can be collapsed by clicking the tab with the arrow point to the left.