Point Layers can be created or edited within GeoUnderground. A Point is a map feature represented by a single point on the map. A Point consists of an x, y and z coordinates.
To create a new Point layer, go to the Folder Actions menu and click on the “Create Layer" option.
To cancel the drawing tool, click on the “Cancel” button. Click the “Confirm” button to cancel or click the “Cancel” button to go back to the Layers window and map.
Select “Point” from the dropdown field and click on the “Ok” button. A new layer is created in the Layers window waiting to be named by the user and a drawing tools toolbar is displayed on the map. After renaming the layer, the new name of the layer is displayed on the toolbar on the left side.
The toolbar is displayed with the following icons:
- Map Pan/Select Mode – Clicking on this icon will let a user click and dragging will move (pan) the map. A single click on a map feature will open the information popup.
- Move Point – Clicking on this icon will let the user click and drag existing points to new locations.
- Remove Feature – Clicking on this icon will let the user remove the point.
- Add Point – Clicking on this icon will let a user add a new point to a location on the map.
- Undo – Clicking on this icon will let a user undo the recent changes in order.
- Redo – Clicking on this icon will let a user redo the recent undo changes in order.
- Save – Clicking on this icon will let a user save the layer. NOTE: Save is not seen on the menu until a Point, Line or Polygon has been added.
- Clear all changes – Clicking on this icon will clear all the changes since the last save.
To add a point on the layer, click on the Add Point icon and click on a location on the map to add one or more points to the map.
To move a point on the layer, click on the Move Point icon and click on a point, then drag the point to a new location.
To remove a point from the layer, click on the Remove Feature icon and click on the point the user wants to remove.
To save a layer, click on the Save icon in the toolbar and Click “Confirm” button on the popup modal.