Advanced Features Search
An Advanced Features Search is a search tool that allows the user to search for map features on multiple layers by attributes. In the advanced features search tool, a user can choose to search all layers or specific layers. Then create one or more filters specifying an attribute column, operator and value to search.
To access the Advanced Search tools, click on the Advanced Search icon
To search for map features using advanced features search, click on the “Map Feature Search” tab. The user must select the layer(s) to query from one of the three radio buttons.
- All Layers – If the user selects the “All Layers” radio button, then the filter will search all of the layers in the portal.
- Visible Layers – If the user selects the “Visible Layers” radio button, then only the layers turned on in the portal will be queried.
- Selected Layer – If the user selects the “Selected Layer”, the dropdown field is enabled and the user can select the layer they want to filter.
After selecting the layer(s) to query, the user has to select the parameters for the filter.
- Attribute Name – When the user clicks on the Attribute Name filed, a list of available attributes is displayed. The user can either scroll through the list and select the attribute or type the attribute name into the field.
- Operand – The operand describes the relationship between the Attribute Name and the Attribute Value. A dropdown list is displayed for the user’s convenience.
- Attribute Value – The user enters the character string into the editable field.
Once the criteria is entered, click on the “Search” button. The Search results window is displayed at the bottom of the screen with the results organized into tabs (by layer) across the top with their Map Info displayed on the tabs.